Pages

Thursday 1 March 2012

Superstitions ...

So today has marked the return of Torres's haircut (second from left) from before his slump in form. I'm not quite sure a haircut is going to enable the rest of the team to get the ball on the deck and start playing cutting through balls into Nando's feet, which is the way that I believe would help Chels see a very quick return to form, from a player who clearly still has phenomenal talent. (As highlighted by his effort against Sunderland below) It is horrible to witness the lack of confidence he has at the moment, and unfortunately there does not seem to be any sign of it improving, the best chance he had was against Man Utd when he was in front on goal against De Gea and just would not pull that trigger!! But he has still shown soo much more movement and ability in front of goal and willingness to work for the team this year than Drogba has shown. I doubt whether AVB will give him the start Nando craves against West Brom this weekend, but I do hope for his sake, AVB's sake and indeed Chels as a whole that he starts banging in the goals.

          I in the meantime will continue to uphold my superstitions on matchday, I have to wear a white Chelsea shirt with the lion logo on, underneath my Chelsea shirt-but this is the subtle superstition! If you see someone purposefully missing/jumping steps up the left hand side of the final few into the MH Upper , or indeed turning left out of Block 16, when clearly my seat is to the right, then that is me... Please do not disturb as I am in mid-flow of some very important matchday rituals! Indeed you wouldn't believe the number of rituals i cracked out last Saturday against Bolton hoping to break Chelsea's slump in form, and having won 3-0 , I am now going to have to repeat! I know in reality it makes no difference to the outcome of the game- but you try telling that to us superstitous people when the result goes well, or indeed the result goes badly when we miss one and had previously been on an unbeaten streak!!! I wonder what other wacky rituals people have at the Bridge, I know the guy who sits next to me never listens to Chelsea away games on the radio out of superstition, and you see the likes of Danny Sturridge hop backwards onto the pitch, but there must be some corkers out there. Anyways, here's hoping that Nando's haircut will save the day




 

No comments:

Post a Comment