Pages

Wednesday 7 March 2012

The Final Straw... WBA 1-0 Chelsea

Unfortunately my head predicted the correct outcome of this game, although my scoreline was not correct, Chelsea did indeed lose the game by one goal. Chelsea were outplayed on the day and nobody can deny the fact, Daniel Sturridge squandered a good couple of chances early on, but Chelsea go what they deserved and that was to drop out of the top 4. This game turned out to be the final straw for Roman, and AVB was sacked the next day, I think many fans knew that this day was going to come sooner rather than later, the first half silence during the match against Bolton portrayed the fact that one more slip up and AVB was gone. AVB left with a very similar record to that have Ancelotti during his second year at the club. I believe the club in general was going in the right direction, but the bust up with the senior players and on-pitch tactics were no good for the team and the results business in which managers ply their trade. I do hope AVB finds a position in the future in which he can gain more experience and be successful in, he clearly has a good brain for football as proven during his time at Chelsea previously, and indeed at Inter and Porto, I think it was the case that with the senior players in the team, Chelsea was one bridge too far. I don't believe now is the right time to go in to the ins and outs of AVB's tenure and its downfalls, I think that this would be much better done at the end of the season when the dust has settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment